addurl.nu web directory ASR Search Engine

Monday 11 July 2011

Pranayama Flu and colds, chilblains.

It has been amazing how Pranayama also helps with colds and the flu. I have found when I get symptoms of a cold or the flu increasing the practice of Ujjayi pranayama will nip it in the bud.
Pranayama boosts the immune system making you less susceptible to colds and flu.

At first, I had difficulties in learning the Ujjayi Pranayama, it is a sort of breathing through the throat it is a scraping sensation in the throat, but have found on YouTube many different ways to learn this Pranayama.
A word of caution if you already have a sore throat do not practise this pranayama as it will aggravate the throat, but if you include this pranayama in your daily practice and increase it a bit in the month where these flu and colds are doing their rounds you should be free of getting them.

When I had finally mastered it I followed the instructions of Swami Ramdev doing this Pranayama with kumbhaka, holding the breath and doing the bandhas., then exhaling through the left nostril, by closing the right nostril.

This Pranayama has put a stop on my colds and flu very quickly. Some Pranayamas also warm the body and some cool the body which is great I increase the warming Pranayama practice at the moment as the weather has turned quite wintry now. And feeling so much warmer for it.

In the summer I increase the practice of the cooling Pranayama and this is just so amazing. Pranayama also helps with circulation and adding some mudras specific for circulation also help with pumping the blood all through the veins and capillaries, which has helped me this winter with my problems of chilblains. Pranayama does work you just have to practice it.

Some Mudras we can practise with our pranayama help in preventing sore throats, ear infections and flu are the Shunya mudra and the bear grip mudra





Breath and transform your life



No comments:

Post a Comment