addurl.nu web directory ASR Search Engine

Wednesday 9 March 2011

Mudras with Pranayama; the power of Mudra

16.02.2017 some snippets from my new eBook; Pranayama, Mudra, Mantras and Meditation for Health and Wellbeing
What are mudras? They can also be called Hand and finger Yoga.

Your whole body is in your hands, and by holding your fingers in a certain way, pressing certain energy centres, will bring healing to your body, mind and soul. 
For the people who have an understanding of the five elements; 
1. The thumb represents Fire
2. The index finger represents Air
3. Middle finger represents either
4. The ring finger represents Earth
5. And the little finger represents Water.

For the people who love the concept of chakras your energy fields, just the five chakras who represent the physical body are in the hands; 
1. Thumb Solar Plexus
2. Index finger Heart Chakra
3. Middle finger Throat Chakra
4. Ring finger Root Chakra
5. Little finger Sacral Chakra


For the people who are interested in Acupressure, you have the acupressure points in your fingers and hands and by simply pressing these points can bring relief for many ailments without the use of needles. 


My old Post; 9.03.2011 Mudras with Pranayama

Doing the different Mudras while practising the Pranayama is very powerful. I did not know what effect Mudras have until I could really focus on my breath while practising Pranayama. My mind wandered a lot and it was at first very hard to stay focused.
When I was able to really focus on my breath (prana) I realised the powers the Mudras had. Especially during practising Kapalabhati changing the Mudras every 3 - 5 minutes was amazing.
When doing the Vayu Mudra, I could feel prana moving around my arthritic joints and pushing out any toxins in my joints, then changing to Sunya Mudra, the prana was very strong around the throat and ears. It was a marked difference each time I changed the Mudra and prana became very strong in the particular area and I could feel the toxins removed from these areas. It made me feel so refreshed. Mudras are amazing. Hand mudras regulate the elements.


Hand mudra
Vayu Mudra

Sunya Mudra

There are so many different Mudras it is just amazing. Make sure you drink plenty of water after practising Pranayama with Mudras as your body needs help with flushing out the toxins.



Photos and Information by Barbara Schaer copyrights@BarbaraSchaer all rights reserved



No comments:

Post a Comment